Hi John,

> On Wednesday 4 March 2009 18:30:20 Kelvin Lawson wrote:
>> Thanks for keeping us posted. Did you implement a new frontend or is it
>> an extension of the main Wx GUI? Either way I'm happy to incorporate any
>> new features within PyKaraoke.
>
>       I've actually done both. I've created a standalone front-end that can
> also be
> incorporated into the main PyKaraoke GUI as well. Allowing for maximum
> flexibility. The player itself would be under the GPLv3+.

I haven't really followed the progress of GPLv3 - I made PyKaraoke LGPL
because it's fairly open and I wanted to encourage people to use it both
privately and commercially. I guess it could go mixed license to
incorporate your standalone player, or it could be an additional
package. If you player requires the PyKaraoke underlying libraries I'd
prefer to maintain them in one tree rather than try to maintain separate
forks.

Look forward to seeing what you have.

Kelvin.