On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Christoph Zwerschke <c...@online.de> wrote:
> Am 17.12.2010 15:42 schrieb Graham Higgins:
>>
>> For example, "model graph" (used in the Pyramid docs) suffers from
>> the same difficulty as does "little baby". It unnecessarily
>> complicates the narrative with a tautological conceptual entity.
>
> This btw is another reason why I don't like the term "model". Some people
> seem to use it for the whole graph or database scheme, others seem to use it
> for a single node or entity.

That's another issue. :) To me and MVC, the model is the entire
structure of domain logic. To Django, GAE and Simpycity, it's a class
representing a table. Pyramid has veered toward the latter with
"models.py". But when we considered changing it to"model" as Pylons
does, it became clear that symmetry with "handlers.py", "views.py",
and "templates" --all plural -- was more important than defining what
exactly is encompassed in a single "model".

--
Mike Orr <sluggos...@gmail.com>