Sorry if this is a basic question, but as I'm starting to add more and
more layers of complexity to my first pyramid based applications, I'm
starting to wonder about some of the benefits of using pyramid
specific implementations as opposed to re-using the existing WSGI
plumbing (like I was doing with pylons)

Sow what is the difference between installing beaker as a wsgi
middleware, vs using the pyramid_beaker package?

Is it only that you end up accessing the session from request.session
instead of request.environ['beaker.session'] or are there other
advantages?

There seems to be a trend in pyramid development of re-implementing a
lot of what was previously done in various layers of wsgi middleware
( session, auth, ...) and moving those part inside the main
application layer. Is there a reason for this?

oO