Ben Bangert wrote:
> On Oct 3, 2006, at 5:39 PM, wyatt-bC wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to use the resource method like this to create some Web
> > services:
> >
> >     m.resource(
> >         'address',
> >         controller='address',
> >         path_prefix='/:region',
> >         name_prefix='region_'
> >     )
>
> The controller you specified is redundant in this case as the
> 'address' will map to the controller by that name as well.
>
> > When I load up my version, I get a Server Error like this:
> >
> > sre_constants.error: bad character in group name
> >
> > If I remove the colon from path_prefix or if I swap the values of
> > path_prefix and name_prefix, it works, sort of, at least in that I
> > don't get a Server Error. It seems like I shouldn't get an error in
> > the
> > first place, since my example looks a lot like the example from the
> > manual. Am I missing something?
>
> You're not missing anything, its a bug that I just fixed today.
> easy_install -U Routes==dev
>
> Will get you the latest version where this is fixed.
>
> > The defaults for the resource method seems to do mostly what I want.
> > The only tricky thing is, I want requests to these Web services to be
> > prefixed with a region, hence my attempt shown above.
> >
> > For example:
> >
> > /Seattle/address/yada_yada
> > /Portland/route/blah_blah_to_blah_blah_blah
> >
> > Any ideas? Is this even possible?
>
> Yup, and you're using it right as well. Give it a try now.
>
> Cheers,
> Ben

I haven't gotten around to trying this yet, but I will tomorrow. In the
meantime I seem to have run into another problem.

I have some resources set up like this:

m.resource('query')

When I enter something like "http://blahblah/query/stuff and things"
[notice the spaces], I get "The resource could not be found" every
time. If I take out the spaces, it works (except that it doesn't
actually, because I need the spaces). Commas don't work either.

I have some other routes that don't use the resource method and those
do fine with spaces and commas.

I went and looked at the source and the problem, if that's what it is,
seems to be on line 963 in base.py:

        route_options['requirements'] = {'id':'\w+'}

Would it wreak havoc to allow non-word characters in id, other than
that there might be a conflict with semi-colons and periods?

--
Wyatt Baldwin
byCycle.org