Hi, James...

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 02:45:49PM +0100, James Gardner wrote:
> If you use the latest AuthKit 0.4 and specify:

Is 0.4 already out? I just see 0.3 online. And since I'm currently
responsible for its Debian package I'd like to stay up to date.

> form_charset=UTF-8
>
> to the authenticate middleware you should find your unicode strings work
> OK. You'll need to make sure your Python source files are properly
> encoded though so the users information correctly picks up the unicode
> usernames - I'm not sure whether specifying them directly in the paste
> config file will work for unicode for example.

I'm not sure either but I will try. AFAIK about everything in Pylons 1.0
is supposed to handle Unicode so there will be no need to convert between ASCII
and unicode strings.

So having all of the components that Pylons uses as unicode-aware might
help. But I'm no pylons or auth guru.

Kindly
 Christoph