James Gardner wrote:

> <yoink> Is it considered standard practice to allow
> non-ascii usernames though? Particularly since usernames are supposed to
> be case-insensitive in AuthKit?

I'd like to make allowing non-ascii usernames standard practice, trying to
make pylons i18n the best possible. According to `recent activity from the
IETF`_, it is still not practical to support anything other than iso-8859-1
in for Basic or Digest auth, but for forms and any other non-HTTP
authentication method it is doable now.

.. `recent activity form the IETF`:
http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/ietf-http-auth/2006-September/000390.html

Regarding case-insensitive usernames in AuthKit, I'm assuming you're only
referring to not-usable-for-production example of using usernames and
passwords directly in the AuthKit configuration with no backend?

Cheers,
David