On Jul 16, 2007, at 11:00 AM, jose wrote:

Again this is a pretty big departure from the previous builds with
respect to the Response object.  I've done some quick preliminary
testing, and at least between version 9.4 and RC2 my controllers
(simple hello world stuff) were able to still use the Response object
directly.  Is this going to remain the case? Or should I migrate all
my projects over to use the new methodology of simply returning a
string? Or is direct use of the Response going to be phased out? Also
it appears that although response is globally available it is not a
global Response object, each action gets its own Response object is
that correct?

It will be phased out, deprecated in 0.9.7, and removed either at 1.0, or around 0.9.8 or 0.9.9. For all new project, definitely just return a string, existing projects can be migrated slowly as the Response object will remain for several versions to facilitate a smooth transition.

The global response is just like the global 'c'. It's unique to every request.

Cheers,
Ben