On Jul 16, 2007, at 11:00 AM, jose wrote:

> Again this is a pretty big departure from the previous builds with
> respect to the Response object.  I've done some quick preliminary
> testing, and at least between version 9.4 and RC2 my controllers
> (simple hello world stuff) were able to still use the Response object
> directly.  Is this going to remain the case? Or should I migrate all
> my projects over to use the new methodology of simply returning a
> string? Or is direct use of the Response going to be phased out? Also
> it appears that although response is globally available it is not a
> global Response object, each action gets its own Response object is
> that correct?

We should elaborate on the release notes -- the old way of doing
things will trigger a DeprecationWarning in 0.9.7, and support for it
will go away in the future. In 0.9.6, they actually trigger
PendingDeprecationWarnings. Python hides PendingDeprecationWarnings
by default -- if you'd like to begin migrating your app to use only
the global response right now (recommended), turning on these
warnings can help you find cases of the old syntax. A simple grep can
probably find them all for you, unless third party libraries
(AuthKit?) are involved.

The warnings are triggered during:

o creation of a Response object
o calling render_response
o calling redirect_to with the _response argument

--
Philip Jenvey