> > After lots of attempts at changing the the to be pickled contents, I
> > modified the columntype of value to be longtext instead of blob.
>
> > This solved all caching problems.
>
> That's rather odd, perhaps the MySQL connector is doing something
> funky with the formatting when its a blob that isn't done when its
> longtext. Did changing the column type also solve the cut off issue?

Yes. I suppose that the problem was the cut off issue. I am not
actually caching the html body. I am storing the entire response
object like beaker_cache does. A Response object whose pickled
representation is truncated can not be restored to its original form
and is deemed to be insecure by the unpickling code.

I don't know whether a lot of people are using beaker.ext.database.
There are not a lot of docs and a lockfile is still required (not sure
why), but it works for me as an easy to implement and more importantly
completely tranparent caching mechanism.

Bob