> > Changing to either longtext or longblob will equally solve the
> > problem.
>
> Ah, I'll change it to longblob then, does this limitation of blob
> size apply to all db's?

My sqlalchemized db code is 90% database independent.

Right now I don't have time to port the app or extract a useful
testcase so maybe someone else can shed light on this.

> The db already handles locking during commits so
> if 2 processes on different machines end up regenerating the same
> cached file at once (which is ok), the last one to commit wins.

I suspected that. I tried using lockfiles on nfs shares but that
creates more problems than it solves.

I will just use lockfiles per server.

Thanks for your support.