On Aug 30, 9:50 pm, "Mike Orr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Pudge has been having ongoing errors for a long time.  I could never
> get the Pylons docs to compile.  I think James is writing something to
> replace Pudge, but it may be several months before it's ready.  In the
> meantime if you need to document your application, I'd suggest
> ReStructured Text.  There are also a few small Python programs that
> convert text files to a set of HTML pages, though I haven't used them.

Ok, I see. Wouldn't it be easier and faster to clean up Pudge than to
write something new? But I just have no idea about the internals, so
it problably isn't.

I use reStructuredText in my docstrings. But docutils themselves seem
to have no tools to extract these docstrings and build a module
documentation from them. I thought about using epydoc for
documentation before I read that Pudge was recommendet with Pylons.
epydoc supports reStructuredText. So has anyone experience with using
epydoc for documentation with Pylons?

Frederik