On 8/31/07, Frederik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I use reStructuredText in my docstrings. But docutils themselves seem
> to have no tools to extract these docstrings and build a module
> documentation from them. I thought about using epydoc for
> documentation before I read that Pudge was recommendet with Pylons.

That recommendation was for Pylons 0.9.5.  0.9.6 isn't officially
released yet so we don't know what its recommendation will be.  Given
the ongoing problems with Pudge,  I hope it goes from "recommended" to
"we've got legacy support for it but we're looking for something
better".  Its recommended status causes users grief.  In fact, I just
made a bug report for it:
http://pylonshq.com/project/pylonshq/ticket/302

> epydoc supports reStructuredText. So has anyone experience with using
> epydoc for documentation with Pylons?

I used epydoc in another project and it worked OK.  That was four
years ago.  I assume it will "work" with Pylons.  You may have to
tweak the main page depending on how it handles Pylons' two-level
directory structure (i.e., a package inside an egg).  Also note that
the 'docs' directory has moved from the package level to the egg level
in the Pylons 0.9.6 scheme, which is probably a more appropriate place
for it.

--
Mike Orr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>