On 1/7/08, Mike Orr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Over the weekend Ben and I and others developed a plan to overhaul
> WebHelpers.  A preliminary API proposal is here:
> http://wiki.pylonshq.com/display/pylonsprojects/WebHelpers+ideas .
> The main goals are:

Sounds nice.

> The old functions will be available but deprecated in Pylons 0.9.7
> (spring 2008), and eliminated in Pylons 1.0 (summer/fall).  The API is
> not fixed yet and there's no reference implementation, so you'll have
> to continue using the existing WebHelpers functions for now.
>
> Feedback questions:
>
> * Which parts of WebHelpers do you use besides url_for and the form tags?

I use url_for plus form tags. That's all.
Only now, reading your feedback questions I realied webhelpers contained a
lot more. ;)

'url_for' will likely be changing to a smarter 'url' object, and moved
> out of WebHelpers.  More info soon.

changing names, again? Pls don't do that. It's so much easier to grep for
url_for symbol when, say, you need to update your routing rules. "url" is
much worse.

+1 for moving it into Pylons core.

As for the rest of cruft, TG2 seems like a natural place for it, since it is
"batteries included" framework, as opposed to "minimalistic Pylons". No?