On May 22, 2:59 pm, Cliff Wells <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> One more option I've not seen mentioned is Cherokee:
>
> http://www.cherokee-project.com/
>
> I've never used it in production (last time I experimented with it was a
> couple years ago and it wasn't mature enough),

I remember that... and having the same experience.

when i first touched it, it had just been announced and was more like
hobbyware.

some other high-performance webservers have been

boa - http://www.boa.org/
okws - http://www.okws.org/doku.php
aolserver/naviserver

and a few more i can't recall.  some of them are a bit 'tailored' for
very specific purposes... like osws is for building C-apps