> I saw a Java MVC that's totally different.  The view knows about the
> model and actively puts things into it and takes things out of it.
> The controller does not know much about the model (if I remember
> right).  The database is also distinct from the model; the view talks
> to the database (!).  Then there's a separate scratchpad (akin to
> session variables or 'c' variables).  To me this is totally wrong.
> But then I saw a wxPython application that also has the view using the
> model, and the speaker recommended this pattern, so it seems to be
> widespread.

FWIW in Robin's book he recommends an abstract model with a registry of
listener functions that callback on data updates to update the views.
AFAIK this makes it more MVC as we know it ( and I believe even more
like the original smalltalk mvc as it was explained to me for audio
coding ). So the above sounds fishy to me from my wxPython experience,
but that is rather limited! ;-)

Iain