I'll admit at the forefront, I'm not a fan of  the extreme
'restification' of the web the way the rails evangelists and followers
have pushed for, or the 'restful web services' crowd.

http is the transport protocol. its in the name -- "Hypertext Transfer
Protocol"

throwing a 400 on a form error is confusing to many.

oauth and openid can use it, because they're creating new protocols
based on mapping http stuff.  oauth and openid are interpreting the
400x as something specific.

if you want your app to do the same, then fine -- raise a custom
redirect or set the error code yourself.  it's not that hard.  a large
majority of people want/expect 200 for form errors.

i'm all for allowing people to handle @validate better with more
keywords.  i've been pushing for a bunch myself -- I just don't like
the idea of it being the 'new' thing as in 'backwards' compatible.  i
think 'forwards compatible' is a better sentiment.

question though -- what if the @validate received the right params,
but there was a db error or some other server error.  does that become
another 4xxx code in your system, or are they all lumped into the same
concept.  how are those instances translated into the @validate
decorator?