On Monday January 26, 2009 23:20:37 Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
> How are people dealing with FormEncode and International Languages?

You write to an international mailing list talking about "international
languages". Then you assume English/Spanish/* means "national language" to us?

Tell us where you're from so that we can know what languages are international
to you. Better yet, stick to "internationalization".

> Our project is dealing with a lot of French writers typing things like
> é , which fails many formencode tests.

Use UnicodeString instead of String:
http://www.formencode.org/class-formencode.validators.UnicodeString.html

I don't think the problem will be present on other validators -- at least I
guess so.

> This is more of an 'approach' issue:
>
> - how are you handling internationlization in Pylons from a business
> standpoint ?  ie - what are you supporting and where ?

In my case, I work for a non-profit and we try to support all possible
languages. Translators are all volunteers.

But anyway, I think the languages to be supported always depend your target
audience.

> - how are you handling this technologically ?

Given the context, I think you're looking for this:
http://pylonsbook.com/alpha1/internationalization_and_localization

HTH.
--
Gustavo Narea <http://gustavonarea.net/>.

Get rid of unethical constraints! Get freedomware:
http://www.getgnulinux.org/