while i havent looked closely at appcelerator, I am impressed with the
vision
and knowledge that the creators seem to have about building rich
internet applications
and the emphasis on client side code.
Again, this doesn't mean I think this is a good framework, certainly
it doesn't seem
to be a very popular or well known one (the "community" is practically
non existent).