On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 4:55 AM, Iain Campbell <i...@kandaba.com> wrote:

> 2009/2/5 Kumar McMillan <kumar.mcmil...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> validation, as in, security of how it does the message passing?
>
> Not so much that, but from an accessibility standpoint.
>
> The same is true (i believe) for RIA frameworks in general. Making an
> RIA that's usable by a blind person seems almost impossible. From what
> I can see, the only alternative is to have a 'standard' application
> too that can be suitably parsed by, say, a screen reader.

good point, I see what you mean now.  I have stuggled with this in my
own custom ajax applications, mainly for compatibility with search
engines.  I found some interesting ways to do this by sharing Dojo
templates with Mako templates.  Coincidentally, they use the same
ajax site partially degrade to a static HTML site by having a mako
view and a dojo view coexist in the same URL.