I am using pylons with SimpleTAL (ZPT implementation) templating and what I
did to wire it in to pylons was just follow the existing patterns
established by Mako and Genshi.  Basically, in the *lib* package I created a
template.py module and a *render_simpletal* function within it which takes a
template, the caching options, and any other params particular to the
templating engine and return the result of a call to pylon's *
cached_template* function.  *cached_template* takes the inner function named
*render_template* as a parameter and this is the function you need to
implement.  Basically just use the template's API to render a given template
and return it from this inner function.