On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Wichert Akkerman <wich...@wiggy.net> wrote:

> On 2009-9-26 21:10, Thomas G. Willis wrote:

>>> My correction was in chameleon.zpt. chameleon.genshi has always had a
>>> working template loader.
>>>
>>> As far as I know there are no plans to support both Genshi and Page
>>> Template syntax in the same file, and I have to admit that I personally
>>> do not see any real benefits to doing that. chameleon.zpt does go a
>>> little bit beyond the official zpt standards though: it also supports
>>> ${...} expansions, similar to Genshi templates.
>>>
>>> Wichert.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Wichert Akkerman<wich...@wiggy.net>     It is simple to make
>>> things.http://www.wiggy.net/                 It is hard to make things
>>> simple.
>>

>> I was just playing with this and it seems that the genshi syntax is
>> somewhat limited. Is that correct?
>>
>> For example, including a site page just like this example from gensh
>> blows up.
>> http://genshi.edgewall.org/wiki/GenshiTutorial#AddingaLayoutTemplate
>>

>> And even though I know it's not good practice to do the whole<?
>> python ?>  thing, chameleon seems to blow up on this as well.
>
> To be more precise: chameleon.genshi implements the Genshi XML template
> syntax as described in
> http://genshi.edgewall.org/wiki/Documentation/0.5.x/xml-templates.html .
> <?python> is not a part of that syntax.
>
> That tutorial does not work due to a limitation chameleon.genshi
> currently has: match templates defined in included templates are not
> applied to the calling document. That is documented at
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/chameleon.genshi. If enough people ask
> Malthe if he can add support for that might be fixed :)
>
> Wichert.
>

> --
> Wichert Akkerman <wich...@wiggy.net>   It is simple to make things.
> http://www.wiggy.net/                  It is hard to make things simple.

Yes I saw that match templates are not applied, but for some reason I
was thinking that meant "are ignored" not "causes things to blow up".
So I wasn't sure whether other things were fuxored on my machine that
might be causing this.

But that's neither here nor there. I can work around these things if
it means "super fast templates" I was just curious about it. Thanks
for the clarification.

--
Thomas G. Willis