On Nov 2, 8:32 pm, Ian Wilson <vengfulsquir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah as far as I know it does not work like that for the first case.
> You need to preprocess your defaults with
> formencode.variabledecode.variable_encode() to change the first case
> into the second case.

Thanks Ian, I'll look into that tomorrow.

> I'm still working on a good repetitions example, are you using
> javascript?  You should look at formencode's NestedVariables,
> variable_encode and variable_decode to start.

I did plan to use Javascript, then I took a closer look at the 1.1
book and thought I'd see how I would get on with the approach outlined
there.  After struggling a little I decided to play it safe and not
add rows dynamically (by either method) to start with.  Either way,
the need to populate the form with data remains.

I have NestedVariables and ForEach in my parent form schema, but (in
my code at least) they don't come into play until validation time.
Anyway, I hope to understand this a bit better after following your
first piece of advice.

A really solid good example of this would brilliant.  Forms in Pylons
do take a bit of getting used to (which is about the worst I can say
about what has been a positive experience for the most part)!

Thanks & regards,
Mike