On Jun 1, 2010, at 12:25 AM, Evgeny wrote:

> The function is used pretty widely across templates and controllers.
> Will the 1.1 version of Pylons force me to pass all those globals as
> parameters of static_url?

A radical change like removing globals, is not going to happen to Pylons.
Especially not in a minor version increase like 1.0 -> 1.1. The change I plan
is merely to make the globals *optional*. That is, for those who don't want to
use them, they don't need to be enabled.

They can actually be disabled now by removing the RegistryMiddleware from the
middleware.py config, but getting to some things isn't very clean at the moment
when this is done. Making it a bit nicer in that case, and consolidating some
of the globals is all that is going to occur.

Cheers,
Ben