On Mar 31, 2011, at 7:14 AM, Chris Withers wrote:

> How about just merging the lists?

As far as I know, Google Groups has no 'merge' option.

> Is there really so much volume as to justify two lists?

Well, the -devel is intentionally lower traffic so those more concerned about
the development of the framework can easily skip all the support and Q/A type
things on the -discuss.

> Having a -devel and -discuss list always feels like elitism to me, in that
> the people who can actually help hang out on -devel, and the people who need
> it on -discuss :-S

Odd, I thought public mail lists that anyone can go to was anti-elitism. At
this point though, it's more just a pain that discussions happen randomly on
both, and one list has most of the folks on it. I generally got the impression
that people who can help would be on both lists, while those just asking
questions or for help would stay on -discuss. That was the main reason I asked
to retain that, though if merging the two lists was possible (so that everyone
would be subscribed to the whole thing), that'd be something worth considering
as well.

Personally, when I'm mainly interested in looking at development related
things, being able to see just that at once is very useful. Of course, it'd
also be useful if Mail Lists supported tags/categorization so its easier to
filter.... but ah well.

Cheers,
Ben