I'm a little fuzzy on FileUploadTempStore: I understand that the example
MemoryTmpStore() is not recommended for production, but it doesn't appear
that it actually does anything interesting, as it's just a tiny bit of
frosting on a dict.

Where does filedata actually go when it's posted? Does some aspect of the
FileUploadTempStore interface imply how this is handled? What one gets is a
dictionary that has a key called "fp" which points to an open file()
object... but I'm not sure where this file came from, or if it exists on the
filesystem at all (probably not). Making another instance of something that
wraps it in a dictionary doesn't seem very useful ;-)

So, does WebOb eat the data and store it someplace "safe"? I expect that
somewhere colander is turning the cgi.FieldStorage object into something
else?

But clearly, I don't understand a lot here... I'd like to avoid problems if
some jerk tries to upload a DVD iso into my app's ram. ;-)

If we want to make a "safe" upload process, where is a good place to start?

Thanks.