On Tue, 2011-07-12 at 18:49 -0500, Matt Feifarek wrote:
> I'm a little fuzzy on FileUploadTempStore: I understand that the
> example MemoryTmpStore() is not recommended for production, but it
> doesn't appear that it actually does anything interesting, as it's
> just a tiny bit of frosting on a dict.
>

> Where does filedata actually go when it's posted? Does some aspect of
> the FileUploadTempStore interface imply how this is handled? What one
> gets is a dictionary that has a key called "fp" which points to an
> open file() object... but I'm not sure where this file came from, or
> if it exists on the filesystem at all (probably not). Making another
> instance of something that wraps it in a dictionary doesn't seem very
> useful ;-)

How much money would it take for us to not have a conversation about
deform tempstores? ;-)

To be honest, this is a supercomplex feature.  I don't think I can
really explain it adequately in narrative, at least better than it's
explained in the docs (which I realize isn't very well).  I think you're
going to need to read and follow the source.  My apologies.

- C