As I said in my previous reply, the wrapped views do not work with routes,
only with traversal. Thus they will not work with handlers, which are an
abstraction on top of routes.

Pyramid does not have a public api for invoking other views during a
request. Instead it provides a very extensible mechanism for looking up
views based on properties of the request itself, as well as supporting
decorators. A very common paradigm is to just abstract common functionality
into a method that you call from different views. Thus the code is
structured in the opposite direction, instead of a single view with multiple
workers, you would have many views. This tends to be what people want
anyway, they just aren't used to having the view lookup machinery outside of
Pyramid that can call different views based on a query string or anything
other predicate for the same physical URL.

I'd suggest you think about how to achieve what you want without attempting
to wrap the view. If you're still stuck, pyramid_handlers supports the
__action_decorator__ class property which will wrap all views within the
handler with the decorator, allowing you to mutate the response before it
goes out.

If you have any questions about what I'm talking about, don't hesitate to
ask.

--

Michael