On Wed, 2011-12-14 at 04:15 -0800, Robert Forkel wrote:
> Hi all,
> i was trying to abuse the 'add_directive' method of a Configurator to
> disable built-in directives, but failed, because add_directive will
> only add new ones. Now this may be totally unreasonable in the first
> place, but what I wanted to accomplish is the following:
> I'd like to have static assets served directly by nginx via an alias.
> But this fails when override_asset is used (e.g. by an included config
> package to change the favicon, etc.). So I was looking for a way to
> disable override_asset.
> Am I totally off?

Before getting in to what it will take to use add_directive to override
existing directives, do you know about using a URL prefix as the "name"
argument to add_static_view?  Eg.

config.add_static_view('http://some.site/', 'mypackage:static')

Instead of

config.add_static_view('static', 'mypackage:static')

And then:

request.static_url('mypackage:static/css/foo.css')

If so, are you saying that somehow asset overrides fool Pyramid here
when generating the URL?

- C