Hi,

I have a form where large sub-sections are shown or hidden depending on the
value of another input (e.g. you check a checkbox and five new fields
appear).

We currently use Deform/Bootstrap and Colander for our forms, and have had
good results so far.

However, it seems messy and hard to maintain to have Deform generate the
HTML and then have to bolt on lots of jQuery to get the
appearing/disappearing behaviour.

Has anybody encountered this problem and come up with an acceptable
solution?

Specifically:

1. Is there a good way to define these sorts of dependencies in a Colander
schema, such that Deform can pick them up? Ideally I'd like to designate a
group of sub-fields, indicate which trigger field they are dependent on
what the trigger event is. I could then auto-generate javascript to
actually handle the showing/hiding based on these trigger fields.

2. Any experience of using JQuery templating or a library such as Knockout
or similar to do this? Should this be better achieved by using a different
Deform renderer/templating system?

Any tips on how to proceed with this or experiences anyone has solving this
sort of problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben