On Jun 13, 9:21 am, Chris McDonough <chr...@plope.com> wrote:

> That wording should probably be revisited because you're not the first
> to ask.  More accurate is the statement "it's a real pain in the ass
> when someone walks into IRC and gives us a Python compilation scenario
> that can only be replicated with their particular OS/platform combination".

I hear your pain.  OSX can ship with an earlier version of Python
needed too, and replacing it could wipe out functionality on other
apps/the system -- so the easiest and safest scenario to manage is to
install a second, ancillary, version of Python and have that used for
all development via ENV vars.