When it comes to the the type of HTML editing you mentioned, I want to
stress 2 things:
- As much as you can , don't allow consumer HTML
- I really suggest forcing everything into Markdown or similar in the
backend, then generating into HTML as needed.

For image handling... i tossed my solution on github/pypi a while back
-- https://github.com/jvanasco/imagehelper

honestly, it needs a total rewrite and refactoring.  it's pretty
messy/kludgy to try and do anything other than it's intended purpose ( like
just resizing or uploading only a specific size).  but it does it's purpose
well of resizing images and uploading them to s3.