1. Like I mentioned above, but not very clearly, the big reason why I
dislike the pyramid_session_[foo] approach, is that the only
standardization is how it adapts to the ISession interface. There's no
standardization on the (de)serialization interface.  With the Beaker model,
almost everything is the same -- if you switch backend storage, you don't
run into any surprises.  There's also a general standardization on the
configuration settings.  You can swap between backends easily and without
surprise.

With the pyramid_session_[foo] approach, although the developer interface
is similar, under-the-hood it's quite different.  We ran into issues while
testing with how objects were able to be (de)serialized , and switching
from one backend to another meant needing an entirely different approach
for configuration.  if you're willing to buy-in to a single sessioning
package for good, it's fine. If you need to run different packages in
different environments, or might change in the future, it's a hassle.

2. I still really think that ISession should support an official
`session_id` attribute

3. chris- buildout is great. i've used it many times.  but as you deal with
larger and more varied organizations, it loses it's utility as "The
Solution".  if everyone involved in a project is decently versed in Python
and has some backend knowledge -- great.  But once you start adding in
dedicated HTML/CSS/JS people or graphic designers who need to update assets
and can barely use a GUI version tracking app... you end spending all the
savings in "setup" on troubleshooting individual people's machines.  being
able to run the app with as few services as possible is , in a word,
"heavenly".