The 4.0 version of the Eucalyptus Management Console runs on Pyramid and has
multi-lingual support.

https://github.com/eucalyptus/eucaconsole

The simplified Chinese translation is fairly complete, and the Spanish
translation is getting there.

Note that we're on Pyramid 1.4 due to our deployment target, so we're still
using Lingua and Babel, but we hope to switch to Pyramid 1.5 or later in an
upcoming release.

We combined the i18n-related setup.py tasks into our Makefile at
https://github.com/eucalyptus/eucaconsole/blob/develop/Makefile#L9-L11 to
simplify the process of compiling and updating translations.

In the locale negotiator, the user agent's preferred language is looked up
first, falling back to the pyramid.default_locale_name setting when a locale
match isn't found
https://github.com/eucalyptus/eucaconsole/blob/develop/eucaconsole/i18n.py

One gotcha that tripped us up was that every template (including pyramid_layout
panels) needs to have the i18n:domain attribute specified.
Placing it in the master template (e.g. at
https://github.com/eucalyptus/eucaconsole/blob/develop/eucaconsole/templates/master_layout.pt#L6)
 unfortunately isn't sufficient.

We're really happy with the i18n support all around, helping cement Pyramid as
the right Web framework choice for the Eucalyptus Console (beating Django and
Flask on our shortlist).  :-)

Kamal

--
Kamal Gill - UI Architect