> On 18 Aug 2014, at 21:24, Kamal Gill <designbyka...@gmail.com> wrote
> Note that we're on Pyramid 1.4 due to our deployment target, so we're still
> using Lingua and Babel, but we hope to switch to Pyramid 1.5 or later in an
> upcoming release.

You can use Lingua 2 with Pyramid 1.4 as well. I would still use Babel for its
l10n features (CLDR access) so you get date, time, currency, etc. formatting
correct for all locales.

> One gotcha that tripped us up was that every template (including
> pyramid_layout panels) needs to have the i18n:domain attribute specified.
> Placing it in the master template (e.g. at
> https://github.com/eucalyptus/eucaconsole/blob/develop/eucaconsole/templates/master_layout.pt#L6
>
> <https://github.com/eucalyptus/eucaconsole/blob/develop/eucaconsole/templates/master_layout.pt#L6>)
>  unfortunately isn't sufficient.

For what it's worth: that is by design. Your layout template, or any METAL
macro you are calling, might come from a different source and use a different
domain than the calling template. If the domain would be passed down when
calling a METAL macro you could get very strange results in complex systems
where you use multiple domains: depending on where you call a macro from you
could get very different results. To guarantee that the i18n behavior is
predictable the i18n domain is only managed through the local hierarchy in the
template.

Wichert.