Building a startup with a small team, how to decide between using Pyramid
(or possibly Django) or Ruby?

This may be an impossible question to answer and I'm probably asking on a
biased list.

I've worked a lot before on Pyramid and generally like it. It was fast and
very flexible, but missing some things (Django's admin...). The missing
things though are usually the key to Pyramid's flexiblity. There also seems
to be some cruft left over from repoze and other stuff that seem out of
place and ugly in the elegant Pyramid world.

I've never written any Ruby or RoR other than trivial tutorial code, but it
seems fine and just as sufficient as Pyramid. I do slightly prefer Python
language syntax, but I can get over that.

My main concern is working with a framework that has a great online
community and actively moving forward and has lots of experienced
developers to hire from.

When I look at Google and Github trends and look at StackOverflow tags, RoR
overwhelmingly beats Pyramid. I think this is due to Python being so
fractured. Many competing frameworks (Django, Pyramid, Flask, Bottle, etc,
etc) probably lower Pyramid's trend and tag levels. Django certainly
dominates Python web frameworks.

In Github I still see lots of active commits to Pyramid. But I'm a bit
concerned, and I can speak personally on this...most of the most big name,
active Pyramid contributers seemed to have disappeared from answering
questions on StackOverflow.

I guess I'm trying to get a solid handle on the current state and progress
of Pyramid. Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Is it time to slide over to Django or make the jump to RoR?

I have a personal preference for Pyramid because of positive past
experiences with it and lack of experience with other frameworks. But this
isn't about me. This is about building out a startup company quickly and
being able to attract experienced talent with the decided on technologies.

Apologies for the long-winded, open-ended question, but I would appreciate
any responses that can give me a 'heartbeat' on the current Pyramid state
of the union.

Many thanks in advance.