I'm trying to include deform as a dependency in a project and want to pull
the latest from github instead of using pypi's version.  However, I'm
having some issues.  Here's my really basic setup.py to demonstrate my
issue:

from setuptools import setup

setup(
    install_requires=['deform'],
    dependency_links = [
        "git+https://github.com/Pylons/deform.git#egg=deform";,
    ]
)

After lots of looking around I figured out the issue was a lack of either a
MANIFEST.in or setuptools-git so I'm suggesting the following
change: https://github.com/Pylons/deform/pull/257

Basically it adds a setup_requires=['setuptools_git'] if there's a .git
directory.