On 03/13/2015 02:50 PM, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
Thanks Chris.  I agree with everything you said.

The reason why I found this weird, is that this "response" caching
pattern is common and supported in most Python frameworks.  It's not

I've never seen such a thing in any Python web framework, but I haven't been looking either.

terribly hard to implement -- but since view_config natively supports
json, string, mako, chamelon, et. -- but not html -- it feels like I'm
doing something wrong.

view_config(renderer=...) is entirely unrelated AFACIT. A truly generic response caching system couldn't be implemented in terms of a renderer because not all views use renderers and views that do use renderers can also opt to return a response directly.

I could, however, imagine a "view mapper" that cached response data.

- C