On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 5:54:57 PM UTC-5, Jeff Dairiki wrote:

> If there's real interest in it, I can look into splitting it into it's own
> library.

I'd be interested in seeing it.  I don't know if we'd be able to use it, as
we need to force some things to be stored server side (even if a session is
encrypted, there is still a bag of worms called "compliance" that I do not
want to touch)

I've got a new version of our `pyramid_session_redis` testing on staging
right now.  if it works, I'll try a production release and go to pypi.  I'm
not happy with the code/design because I tried to maintain compatibility
(then decided to break it), but the features work as needed and a few dozen
new tests pass.

I modeled a lot of stuff after dogpile (the payload tracks an api version,
a class instance is used to track null ids) and tracked a timestamp into
the payload so updating the timeout can be deferred until a threshold is
reached.  The redis traffic on our staging server is already a lot lower.