On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 5:47 PM, Michael Merickel <mmeri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So what's the best way forward?
>
> I think you covered your options pretty well.
>
> 1) Set wsgi.url_scheme to "http" as origin checks are only done on https.
> 2) Set the pyramid.csrf_trusted_origins as you are doing now.
> 3) Disable csrf checking for your tests.
>
> I think it's just a helpful reminder that you would be wise to think about
> the origin header more these days as it's required by CORS requests and, of
> course, cross origin requests are the attack vector CSRF is helping to
> protect.

It sounds like it needs documentation then. What is the Origin header
and shouldn't Pyramid/WebOb set it automatically if it's becoming more
important?

#1 and #3 would make the test environment different from the real
environment. #2 raises the question of what is WebTest's Origin
header, what should it be, why are they different, and does something
need to be changed in the library?

--
Mike Orr <sluggos...@gmail.com>