Do you have the 'sqlalchemy.engine' logger set to 'WARN'? I do and I
get messages like Mikko Ohtamaa gets. I'm not sure the transaction
manager is the right place to log these things because it doesn't know
what's wrong, only that an exception occurred. It wouldn't be able to
print the SQL command and parameters, for instance. And if you weren't
using the transaction manager, you wouldn't get the errors if it was
logging them.

I haven't seen an error like Mikko's but I occasionally get errors
like 'Integrity error: duplicate primary key' , or something when the
database server auto-upgrades itself and restarts. I haven't seen any
'psycopg2' error; maybe I need to configure its logger.

If you're using autoincrement primary keys and you're manually
inserting the ID into another table, you may have to insert a manual
'session.flush()' to generate the key. Otherwise if you do
'secondtable.first_id = firsttable.id' you'll get None which may cause
a null violation in the second table.

Mike Orr <sluggos...@gmail.com>