The 2.0 security system is pretty backward compatible so I'd recommend just
starting with 1.x but I might suggest using the master version of
pyramid-cookiecutter-starter as it has significant improvements to the default
test fixtures for new projects.

With respect to 2.0, sorry everyone but I've been dragging my feet on an issue
in the new security api so it isn't out yet! Mailing list activity is a great
motivator though!

- Michael