Most of the projects that Michael and I maintain we use the current supported
version of Python and up. We drop older versions when we get around to touching
the repo because maintaining older versions of Python and testing/validating is
a pain.

If you want to put together a PR that moves to Github actions (feel free to
steal from any of our other repos, and in fact I encourage it so that it is
easier to maintain for us moving forward see; pyramid/waitress/webob/others).

I’m happy to review such a PR.

Python 2 is dead. I would not recommend putting time or effort into it unless
someone is paying you a lot of money.

Bert JW Regeer