Hi there,

I'm often running into the problem to determinate if the current app is running as a server to server http requests or created from a console script to do specific things.

Mostly it's to decide if a background thread should be started (needed in the Server) or not (can cause problems in the console script) in the ApplicationCreated event.

I'm using pyramid.paster.bootstrap to set up the app for a console script.

The problem is, the ApplicationCreated is called before I have a chance to set anything in the registry to pass information along.

I there a clean way know from the app object passed to the event alone. I tried to pass a custom Request to bootstrap but the request is not passed to this event.

Regards
    Estartu