Hi,

I would also like to thank to Andi (and others?) for the great tool
and the samples, it is really excellent. I am using MSVC7.1 on win xp,
it builds fine, but it was quite difficult at the beginning
(especially, because I tried with mingw before falling back to msvc).

And indeed, is gnu make indispensable? In some previous posts it was
said that Ant is not an option (makes Python programmers scream and
run away) and 'make' is there because nobody provided something else.
This naturally brings us to the practical problem: it can be done, but
somebody has to DO IT, right? ;-) What would you think about scons?
http://www.scons.org/

roman