Thanks again for your help. I got the latest JCC and this seemed to
solve the problem, as Andi suggested. However, running 'make' then
gave me the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Python\lib\runpy.py", line 162, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
  File "C:\Program Files\Python\lib\runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code
    exec code in run_globals
  File "C:\Program Files\Python\lib\site-packages\jcc-2.12-py2.7-win-amd64.egg\j
cc\__main__.py", line 104, in <module>
    cpp.jcc(sys.argv)
  File "C:\Program Files\Python\lib\site-packages\jcc-2.12-py2.7-win-amd64.egg\j
cc\cpp.py", line 644, in jcc
    raise ValueError, (cls, 'python class name already in use, use --rename', na
me, pythonNames[name])
ValueError: (<Class: class org.apache.lucene.analysis.de.GermanStemmer>, 'python
 class name already in use, use --rename', u'GermanStemmer', <Class: class org.t
artarus.snowball.ext.GermanStemmer>)
Makefile:312: recipe for target `compile' failed
make: *** [compile] Error 127

I couldn't figure out how to correctly add the rename argument in the
Makefile. Eventually I got frustrated, and just edited out the line
(line 644) raising the exception in the cpp.py file, adding a 'pass'
statement instead. Then the installation seemed to go ahead fine.
However, the wisdom of my workaround seemed questionable, at best.
What are your thoughts? What is the appropriate syntax for 'rename' ?

Thanks again,

Jeremy