Hi Roman,

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012, Roman Chyla wrote:

Thanks again. With the new JCC I encountered new errors - about
"already used class names" - patch attached.

I thought I fixed them all. Without the required --renames or --excludes, pylucene won't build anymore. Why is it that you still got them ? I excluded these extra classes instead of renaming them as they're most likely useless from PyLucene (and the similar ones in other packages are also excluded)

I would also like to propose a change, to allow for more flexible
mechanism of generating Python class names. The patch doesn't change
the default pylucene behaviour, but it gives people a way to replace
class names with patterns. I have noticed that there are more
same-name classes from different packages in the new lucene (and it
becomes worse when one has to deal with both lucene and solr).

Another way to fix this is to reproduce the namespace hierarchy used in Lucene, following along the Java packages, something I've been dreading to do. Lucene just loooooves a really long deeply nested class structure.
I'm not convinced yet it is bad enough to go down that route, though.

Your proposal to use patterns may in fact yield a much more convenient solution. Thanks !

Andi..

I can confirm the test_test_BinaryDocument.py crashes the JVM no more.

Roman