On Wed, 20 Apr 2022, Andi Vajda wrote:

Ok, so the layout has changed with temurin I guess. This was also the case on Mac. I need to add yet another entry into LFLAGS for linux/temurin
in setup.py that reflects this new layout.

So it seems to be some sort of expected-packaging problem?

I need to debug this by installing temurin into a linux VM of mine.
To be continued...

I created a brand new Debian 11.3 virtual machine and set it up for PyLucene development with the Temurin 17 JDK. I had to add a new linux/temurin entry in LFLAGS since the layout of that JDK is different from the others.

Then I changed the JDK['linux'] in jcc's setup.py to the Temurin java home as it looked on my install: /usr/lib/jvm/temurin-17-jdk-amd64 It may be different on your system. You edit in yours or override it via the JCC_JDK env variable.

Then building jcc with:
  $ python setup.py build install
just worked (tm)

For PyLucene, I also refreshed the first Linux config to be for Temurin JDK.
Uncomment that one and fix it to reflect your environment.
Then building pylucene with:
  $ make all test
just worked (tm).

I'm preparing an rc3 now...