Regarding H-bonds. Funny you should ask -- Hans and I just worked out how to do
this here at Sunesis...

There isn't a built-in function yet (it is coming), but you can show H-bonds
between two objects using  atom selections so long as hydrogens are present in
both molecules.  If you don't have hydrogens, you can use h_add on the proteins
or provide ligands with valence information and then use h_add.

Two examples are below.  For clarity, they draw dashes between the heavy atoms
and hide the hydrogens.

# EXAMPLE 1: Show hydrogen bonds between protein
# and docked ligands (which must have hydrogens)

load target.pdb,prot
load docked_ligs.sdf,lig

# add hydrogens to protein

h_add prot

select don, (elem n,o and (neighbor hydro))
select acc, (elem o or (elem n and not (neighbor hydro)))
dist HBA, (lig and acc),(prot and don), 3.2
dist HBD, (lig and don),(prot and acc), 3.2
delete don
delete acc
hide (hydro)

hide labels,HBA
hide labels,HBD

# EXAMPLE 2
# Show hydrogen bonds between two proteins

load prot1.pdb
load prot2.pdb

h_add prot1
h_add prot2

select don, (elem n,o and (neighbor hydro))
select acc, (elem o or (elem n and not (neighbor hydro)))
dist HBA, (prot1 and acc),(prot2 and don), 3.2
dist HBD, (prot1 and don),(prot2 and acc), 3.2
delete don
delete acc
hide (hydro)

hide labels,HBA
hide labels,HBD

# NOTE: that you could also use this approach between two
# non-overlapping selections within a single object.

As far as SSBOND records go, no PyMOL doesn't currently parse these...does it
need to?

mailto:war...@sunesis.com
Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.