Yes, my Kensington Optical Elite mouse (which actually has five buttons) works fine. The middle button is a scroll wheel which is also clickable. Clicking it does exactly as you expect it should. I'm using OS X 10.1.5 though, not 10.2. My office mate has just got 10.2 however, and she seems to have no problems with the same type of mouse.

The only problem I have is that I haven't figured out the command to get back from the secondary set of mouse commands to the main one. If you know what it is you could let me know!

Bronwyn