Okay, scratch that -- I fixed the problem, relying on "standard"
Fortran unformatted IO conventions to automatically determine endianness
and map size.

PyMOL should now be able to read a PHI map of any dimensionality, so
long as record size is implicitly and correctly specified in the map
file.   This may or may not be the case for ".phi" files written from C
(for example, "fld2phi" is hard-coded for a 65x65x65 map, because the
data block's record length specifier is hardcoded to be 0x10c304 =
65*65*65*4).

Can someone send me a PHI map which is not 65x65x65 for testing
purposes?  Please include the associated PDB file for visual
verification.  Thanks!

Looks like we'll need to push out another release sooner rather than
later...

mailto:war...@delanoscientific.com
Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist